we went to The Keg for my dad's birthday at 6PM. we waited exactly three hours for our table. at 9:00, everyone was uber cranky. my oldest (brother) called out the assistant manager and started bitching about the wait, bitching about the dirty wine glasses, just generally bitching and threatening to leave. keep in mind, he arrived late and only waited for one hour while the rest of us waited since 6.
they gave us a free bottle of wine.
i asked for a strawberry daquiri, and the guy asked me if i was over 19. i looked at him, and i said, "Yes. How old do I look?" which i now realize is a deadly question to ask any man, as there are no correct answers. he replied, "Younger than 18, or 19" and that's the moment i hated him.
i think my youngest brother had a little too much wine. he kept saying to me, "what light through yonder window breaks?"; "get thee to a nunnery" and other random shakespeare. and every two seconds, he'd tell me to stop eating carbs.
my dad wanted ribs because (like me) he no longer likes steak. we both looked at the menu for it, and i said, "the prime rib?" and he said yeah, so i ordered it for him.
what came out was this red nasty roast thing, and my dad looked confused and i'm like, "Is this rib??" stupidly, me and my dad both didn't know that prime rib was different from normal ribs. did you? (if you did, don't make fun of me. i'm sheltered)
the waiter overheard, and he insisted on changing it for us even when my dad kept saying it was okay. but the waiter was really nice and kept insisting because it was my dad's birthday, and basically took it away and came back in five minutes with this plate with the most humongous juicy delicious looking ribs i've ever seen.
then they came out with this really big cake too. but my brother wouldn't let me eat it because he said, "too much carbs." it was an ice cream cake.
5 Comments
yaaaaa. I loveeeee ribs and steaks at The Keg... but their service is just horrible!
I dont think they like asians. They were quite mean to me and my family when we went.
I wouldn't have waited that long. I would have left after half an hour or 15 mins.
and I'm sorry but I just have to say this since I know food... PRIME RIB!? hahaha.
I love food.
your brother isn't very nice.
your brother is mean...
but ribs at the keg is amazingggg! =)
prime rib ;)
Post a Comment