Thanksgiving weekend. I had a nice weekend at home. Right after my Thursday night class, Justin drove us home and then I had a nice night out. On Friday, me and Vanessa watched Nick & Norah's Infinite Playlist (it was cute) and spent the afternoon taking weird Mac photos at the library. At night after dinner, the whole gang went out to Sweet Avenue, this new dessert place in Mississauga which pretty much sucks. It was a great night of catching up with close friends.  

On Saturday, me and my mom spent the day preparing a Thanksgiving dinner, after my mom spontaneously went out and decided to buy a turkey. Keep in mind that we are not a conventional family and have never celebrated Thanksgiving before. We've never eaten a turkey either. So I spontaneously decided to make turkey stuffing. I've never eaten stuffing before except for the little sidedish they give to you at Swiss Chalet during holiday times, muchless have ever made stuffing - but I was confident that I could pull it off. How difficult can cooking be? Nevertheless, the turkey, the stuffing, the pumpkin pie, the entire meal turned out wonderful. The next afternoon, we had a second Thanksgiving meal when my oldest brother and their family came over. My youngest brother and his wife roasted lamb, made butternut squash, spinach salad, and yams - how Western are we? By the time everything was wrapping up, it was time for me to go back to Waterloo with Cathy. 

Jason Mraz @ Massey Hall. To get downtown for the concert, there was no choice for me but to rent out a car. I got Michael to drive me to Enterprise, but they said I needed insurance so I lied and said it was under my parent's name. They told me I needed a document for proof so I told them I would go home and try to fax it to them - and we left and never came back. He then drove me to Discount, which was SO difficult to find because it is hidden at the back of a hotel, but first you have to go through a restaurant to get there. Fortunately, these guys didn't even ask me for insurance so I was good to go. Me and Cathy drove to Mississauga first to pick up Ira, got McDonalds on the way and headed downtown.

Massey Hall compared to the ACC is a tiny place. It was amazing how close we were to the stage. The concert itself was fantastic. Jason Mraz is a God when he's out on stage performing - his voice, his talent, his energy - it just gets the entire crowd pumping. This concert definitely beats out Spice Girls and all the John Mayer concerts I've been to, in my books. He is just plain awesome. 


Oktoberfest weekend. I had a Management Accounting assignment due Friday afternoon, which me and my group members stayed up all Thursday night working on. Of course, we started working on it Thursday at midnight so it only makes sense that we worked on it non-stop until 10AM the next morning. I woke up around 4PM on Friday, took a shower and got ready to go out for Oktoberfest with Becky and friends. 

Oktoberfest - which none of us have been to, was fun and money draining. The entire night, was let's say... interesting. The Heidelberg house was playing pure country music and there were old people line dancing - talk about being out of place. We went to Symposium in the end for desserts and that was our night! I uploaded photos in the photo album.