so you know how Pizza Pizza has that guarantee that "delivery is within 40 minutes or it is free" right?


well... me, ira and becky ordered pizza at 10:32PM and the guy came at 11:15PM. This is the e-mail I sent to Pizza Pizza:

Hello, We just ordered a pizza at 10:32PM and the guy came around 11:15PM (definitely after 40 minutes though). We told him that it was after 40 minutes, and he looks at his watch and says it's only a 2 minute difference. We don't really know what to make of this, because the guarantee was that the pizza is to be there within 40 minutes or it is free. I looked at the receipt, and it said: "Order guaranteed by 11:11" which it was not. He then proceeded to convince us to pay for the pizza and told us that there were many places he had to go to and that he's only a few minutes off. Then he told us that the company told him if it's only a few minutes, then he should charge us half price. I reluctantly said okay and went to get my money but when I returned, he continued to give us some grief. He told us that if we didn't pay, then he would have to pay for it out of his own pocket and we felt really guilty. Then my roommate started to complain to him that we should not pay because of the Pizza Pizza guarantee, and then he gave me back my money and angrily left. We felt really bad about the situation, and I don't think that's fair to us. The guarantee is: 40 minutes or it's free. I never read any policy that said "if it comes within 42 or 43 minutes, however, it's half off." I feel that if they make it so difficult to adhere to the guarantee, why have the guarantee? We have the pizza, but we are not satisfied and actually feel quite threatened. It also makes us very reluctant to order pizza from this location again in case we have to face this same man. I felt we did nothing wrong, but we almost paid 50% for a pizza that should have been guaranteed to us for free. The pizza itself was cold but everything was there and the order was correct so we have no qualms about the order itself. Anyhow, I just felt like I had to share this. Thank you

so we got a $33 meal for free... but guilt food never tastes that good.
we are also very scared because he knows where we live.


2 Comments

Vanessa said...

=/
aiya
keep the reciept

Lilian said...

that happened to me once... but nick at that time went and told the guy he will pay for half.. and then the boss of the delivery man called us and gave us back the money because the delivery man was late himself and we shouldn't have to feel sorry for it.

free pizza does always taste amazingly good!!! =)