...or better yet, who picks people up in a supermarket? 


I didn't know that stuff like that really happen in real life. I didn't know that people like that existed in real life. 

Say you were an indecisive person and pondering for a long time about whether or not to purchase a stuffing mix at a local grocery store or make your own stuffing for Thanksgiving dinner. While you are wondering, completely unbeknownst to you, someone is watching from afar. Sometimes when I am by myself, I always behave as if someone is watching me whether or not they really are. Well, imagine if someone was actually watching you. While you are looking at your box of stuffing mix, they stand there watching you as if you were standing in their way. So you move your cart but they are still standing there watching you, and you look up at them and they tell you, "You are beautiful." Sure, if not showering, having greased hair tied in a dirty bun and wearing a stained white t-shirt smelling of turkey giblets was his definition of beautiful. You are a nice person and you make small talk even if it's a complete stranger, and you even ask them what you should do in your dilemma. The stranger retaliates with small talk and then goes for what they were aiming for, and straightforwardly asks, "So can I get your number?" Subtle, real subtle. What does a girl interpret from this? Is this guy for real? Did he see you and really think, 'That girl is beautiful' and just wants to get to know you a little better? Or did he see you and really think, 'I bet I can get in her pants'? The cynical side of me would probably choose the second one, but be secretly flattered because any kind of compliment would be a form of flattery, regardless of the circumstance or who it is coming from.

The point is boys, I think any girl would be flattered at the thought of being a subject of interest for anyone, regardless of who the guy is. Just because they are flattered, however, doesn't mean you automatically score a phone number. Think about your environment, think about how you look, think about what you say, and think about how you come off as. If you are going to pick up a girl in a supermarket, it can be a cute and quirky story of how two soulmates met in the most unlikely place. But boys, it can go the other way; it can be a horror story written in third person on some girl's blog about how a stranger tried to pick her up and failed miserably.


3 Comments

Vanessa said...

hahah i still cant stop laughing.
oh dear
so has he added you on email yet?

cluk said...

LLLL OOHHHH LLLLL

Pris said...

I had goosebumps while reading that.

creepy.