As some of you probably know, I embarked on an 18 day long Eurotrip with some classmates from school. I've never been to Europe before, so it would definitely be an exciting trip for me to see all these different places I've only heard and watched about in movies. If you know me, you know I love to sightsee, I love history, I love to admire beautiful architecture and enjoy scenic views. That is why a chance to backpack around Europe will always seem much more tempting than lounging around a beach resort in Cuba. I'm glad I had this opportunity to see all of these places and I am truly blessed for making it back safely and in one peace.


For every new city that we visited, I made a video about what we saw, what we learned in each new city and what we rate it. I also collected a key chain from every country I visited. Here is my photo and video journal...

This is day ONE.

Dublin, Ireland

After a sleepless Air Canada flight with Ira and Jackie, we landed in one of the most important cities to me (as a diehard Westlife fan and lover of all things green): Dublin, Ireland. Just hearing the Irish accents on the plane, you could already tell that I was super excited. Initially, we didn't have plans to visit Dublin because Ira didn't get a visa, but they are so relaxed over there that they just let her leave the airport and come back without any trouble. Since we had three hours before our flight to Scotland, we ventured out to the city.

We arrived at Trinity College where the shopping area was. It was a bit colder here than I thought, but it was still a nice day as we spent time walking around the area.

Within the first hour of landing abroad, the flip flop that was supposed to last me my whole trip died on me! Why Aeropostale why!? Luckily I had a back-up pair which I had to find in my luggage in the middle of the street.

Jackie used pictures from postcards at a souvenir shop as a guide on what places to visit. With a little help from locals, we made our way through the streets to go to St. Patrick's Cathedral.

St. Patrick's Cathedral is nice and there were some tourists around.

The streets of Dublin look very interesting and quaint. We also visited Christ Church Cathedral before heading back to the airport to catch our flight.

Posing at Dublin Airport souvenir shop. If only Ira wore green too!

Summary

What I learned about Dublin: They sure LOVE their Burger King. It's everywhere you go!
Rating: 6/10 + 1 added bonus for my bias because I just really like this city without reason. There wasn't much to see or do, especially so early in the morning. You obviously can't do a city in 3 hours - we didn't even get a chance to have a pint of beer in an Irish bar, but that's okay. I'm really happy that we got to see Ireland at all and I know for sure I'll come back to this place that I still love.


For all the pics, click here.