January

I worked at Mississauga Honda until the end of the month and had an incredibly good last day of work. I said my goodbyes and it really showed that everyone cared, especially my boss, even when I'd only been there for 4 months. He said I am welcome back any time, and that he knew from the beginning that there was something "special" about me. Corny but still flattering! I made everyone kimchi fried rice with beef
They got me a goodbye card, Althea bought me the Honda water bottle I'd been eyeing, and Carlos bought me the travel mug I tried to buy as well. Even Christian's mom got me a pink pashmina scarf (yeah, his MOM??). After work, Callan treated me to korean BBQ as a farewell dinner. Good times, good people.
February
Since I was ungraciously pushed back from my February 5th departure date to February 19th, I had extra time to spend with people I love. It was freaking busy, but I saw almost everyone.
- Tim Hortons then Sherway Gardens with Howard
- Skating at Nathan Phillips Square with Dennis, Michael and the boys

- Kevin's bday dinner @ Tapas Spice
- Thursday wing night with Vanessa, Chris and Justin
- Visa interview & China Town with my parents
- Bubbletea with Priscilla

- Marcus's bday dinner
- Chinese New Year's/Valentine's Day
- Apricot Tree Cafe with J
- King Tut @ the AGO with Vanessa, then sushi with Chris
I spent the last couple of days up all night working on a scrapbook for Vanessa up to the very point where I gave it to her (the night before I was supposed to leave). She got me a beautiful friendship necklace with three tiny crystal balls on it with 'Marilyn' on the ruby one and 'Vanessa' on her respective birth stone, and 'lovers' on the white one. Kind of lesbian understone but very sweet nonetheless.
For Valentine's Day, I got J some novelty boxer shorts (one with Valentine's Day candy hearts and a Marvel one), and also I prepaid Final Fantasy VIII for him and put the receipt in a little envelope that I stuck onto a handmade Valentine I made him from Vanessa's scrapbook materials.
The bf gave me a spiderman lunch box packed full of letters for our every month anniversary and for other different occassions (like when I am sad and lonely). He packed it with chocolates and gum and Ice Breakers and they really helped me get through the first month and a half. He also fixed my totally broken DS, not only replacing the screen, but replacing the whole case with a green one because the white one was chipped. He got me a new R4 and put all these games he thought I'd like on it. It was the sweetest, most thoughtful goodbye gift.
He stayed up with me at my place until 4AM, hanging out while I packed. We said our goodbyes and then I napped for 2 hours before waking up to catch my 8AM flight. My parents dropped me off at the airport, we said goodbye and then as of February 19th, I was off and it was arrivederci, Canada for me.
One Comment
you definitely missed something. That's okay. I forgive you.
Have a great day.
Post a Comment