I'm spending a lot of time right now thinking about what I should do. After reading about Mark Zuckerberg's life, it made me ask myself what I was doing with my own. I have some free time outside of work but no real time to do anything, does that make sense? I need a new hobby, and that does not include watching movies, eating Korean snackfood and catching up on my shows. I'm making a list of things I want to start doing (or continue doing):
- Getting into the regular habit of going to the gym - I have not enough willpower and too many excuses to do this but... still I dream
- Drawing? - time consuming
- Finish my scrapbook of Korea - I wish creativity came more natural, then things would get done a whole lot faster
- Cross off books from my "To Read" list: I gotta finish Superfreakonomics first, and then some Aldous Huxley and move on to Literary Classics
- Apply for Jobs - it's too early for this and my scope of opportunities is limited, I don't want to stare at my grim near future just yet
- Study the bible and focus being on a good, strong Christian - the latter is working (to some extent I hope!) but I really need to get my butt on this bible. Getting through the Old Testament is a pain. I might need some help with this
- Pick up the guitar and be my own kind of Rachael Yamagata - I was kind of getting into the groove of it, but unfortunately I don't have one of these in Korea so that's just going to have to wait
- Learn Korean - Reading it? Sorta check. Basic phrases? Hello, goodbye, thank you, where is the bathroom? Okay, chogum. That's it, I suck. I, a person living in Korea for a year, know less than white people who watch Korean dramas at home. It's pathetic but I just can't be bothered to learn anymore despite constantly telling myself I should
- Learn Vietnamese - okay now we're talkin'
- Take up photography - As much as I (sort of) want a DSLR to take nice quality photos, I don't want to be a photography bitch like the other wannabes who take macro pictures of flowers and call it art
- Write - I have so many ideas and concepts and timelines drawn up for my stories, but the hardest part is getting a good start to it (and the whole lack of talent aspect too)
- Play an RPG (that or falling back into my Sims 3 zombie state) - nothing drains time more than having a play-all-week-for-30-hours-straight-with-no-food-or-sleep kind of addiction. Find me a good RPG and we'll talk
Maybe I should learn to swim? Take up cooking lessons? Tae kwon do?
I feel lost in my purpose. That's such a gay cliche thing to say, I take it back. I'm just bored
Post a Comment