I never thought that God would have a purpose for little old me. I mean, who am I? Definitely a sinner, a spoiled child with a mean temper tantrum. I'm not good at helping others, I have no eloquence with words. All throughout history, He picked worthy people to be His disciples. He gives pastors a calling to come and preach to lost souls like me.
I am just a follower, I think. I have ongoing insurmountable problems. I am too sensitive and emotional to be any role model anyone would want to look up to, muchless a disciple of Christ.
But I've realized something, my purpose even... and it's been in front of me this entire time. Jesus is our example. Through his ministry, He shared His teachings with love and compassion. Jesus is not a glory seeker, nor am I. He spoke of humility, faith and forgiveness, everything I so strongly follow and believe in. He is our example, and like Jesus, we have to give our best so that other people can see the glory of God. And like Jesus, I think that's what I am doing. Even though there are many people who claim to be much more realistic than I, and many more people who without a thought walk all over this generosity... I will just continue to smile.
Laugh at me, hate me, mock me, strip me down all you want. At His cruxifixion, Jesus died but He died for the good but also for those who berated and tortured Him, and He died refusing to renounce His faith and His beliefs. I think through forgiveness and love and humility and all-encompassing goodness, I am setting my own example and I would like to someday believe that my love has also saved somebody.

5 Comments
Amen sister. Reading that reassures me that you're doing okay in Korea and that you're continuing to seek Him. I will continue to pray for your relationship with God. Everything will fall into place when you have a strong relationship with Him.
Hey you! Why did you stop emailing?
I'll actually be in Malaysia for 3 weeks starting Jan 30th.
But I guess I'll see you when you're back here.
Why did you stop emailing???
HAHA no one emailed me back. Hey, do you have skype??
HAHA no one emailed me back. Hey, do you have skype??
I do have skype. I've seen you online before.
Post a Comment