This is a song I wrote and I will tell you how it came about.


I was reading Adele's Wikipedia page and there was a review that said her music was "a perfect backdrop to a lazy afternoon in a coffee shop." I texted Richard and suggested the name A Lazy Afternoon for his band - I loved it so much! It's the pure epitome of how I spent/would like to spend the rest of my days.




Here are the lyrics:

Take me to a coffee shop

Where we can play Monopoly Deal

You can order a latte

Or an espresso if you feel


We can talk for hours on end

About nothing, life and school

But when it comes down to it

I like you


CHORUS

I don't like coffee

But I sure like you

Yes I do

I don't like coffee

But I sure like you


These cafes here aren't so great

Why are there green signs on every block?

I don't want frappalakachinos

I don't know what I want

But I want it to rock


I will open a cafe

And I will name it after a tree

And you can come and play

A game with me


CHORUS


I can spend all day

In this cafe

On a lazy afternoon

We can work but let's be serious

One more game and I can "sly deal" you

Ok no more games, let's study

Oh no I have to go


So again tomorrow?