Snacks. There's a reason why I'm so fat and it's because I have the biggest sweet tooth for treats, snacks and baked goods. I can never turn down an offer for cake, nor can I get all of my studying done without a bag of goodies to keep me fuelled. Working at Kraft doesn't help either. Thinsations is the most delicious thing ever and I never would've known it. Have you tried freaking Rice Thins? I can't go back to regular chips. I need to stop snacking because half the time, I am so concentrated on doing financials that I didn't realize I just wolfed down a bag of mini eggs.

I don't get anything by endorsing products, so believe me when I say this stuff is like crack
Spending. I cannot wait to show you my February finances (I will wait until month end) because I've been very diligent with tracking my expenses. Every single one of them. I am under budget but I managed to spend around $600 this month so far and I realize every little thing adds up. Every Tim Hortons beverage, every Dairy Milk chocolate bar and all the travelling I do. Gas annihilates my wallet. I want to go bare bones into this saving mode.
My automatic Yes's. I go out with people I don't want to see or I do things that I don't want to do so I can see the people I do want to see (confusing?), and either way I end up not enjoying myself. I always tell myself, "Take a risk! Maybe the night will end up fun!" so I do and it never does. Before I automatically reply 'yes', I am going to stop and pause and think about it first. I am not going to be afraid to say 'no' in fear of letting anyone down.
Most importantly, let's think about why we are doing this. I am not Catholic and this is a Catholic sacrament that my church does not even celebrate, so that is not why I am doing this. I am doing this because I understand that you cannot achieve anything without first sacrificing something. How did I get into the CMA program? I had to sacrifice my summers in University to take extra accounting courses, I sacrificed my summer to study rigorously to pass the entrance exam and now I have to sacrifice my Sims Medieval playing time so that I could work on these comprehensive case studies every week. Just because I enjoy the library, doesn't mean I want to spend my life there. It is hard to imagine all of the sacrifices and hardships that Jesus encountered also. But if you don't sacrifice, you don't get a damn thing and that's the truth.
For me, whether it's to become more healthy, save up for a car, or to find some peace and comfort in my life... I can't do it without sacrifice. Start thinking about the changes you want to see in your life and all of the things you have to give up to see that change happen. Are you willing to take this challenge?
Post a Comment