One of the things I've had to adapt to is learning when to shut my mouth. I have this need to "talk things out" whenever there is some perceived conflict. Although I still believe in open and honest communication, these types of conversations somehow always tend to go sour. You open the floodgate and all hell breaks loose. There have been many times when I felt the need to tell someone how I really think of them. The optimisic side of me would think, if I confronted the person straight up with no BS and I was reasonable and objective, they would really take it into consideration. The realistic side of me knows now that that scenario would never play out. People are not rational, they are emotional. If you tell a person something they don't want to hear, they bite back. This is why you learn to shut your mouth. It's better to let them behave as they are, because you should feel confident that someday it's going to bite them back in the ass. HARD. You just don't have to do the biting.