I am so blessed by God. I can shout out "I am blessed" a hundred times and these words will never lose meaning for me. 


I have been so worried lately, mainly about work and taking on a huge role that would really challenge me to think and act in ways I never have. But God has been pressing this piece of scripture to me:

"Don't worry about anything; instead, pray about everything. Tell God what you need, and thank him for all he has done.  If you do this, you will experience God's peace, which is far more wonderful than the human mind can understand. His peace will guard your hearts and minds as you live in Christ Jesus." - Phillipians 4:6-7 (NLT)

I struggle with coming to God earnestly and with an open heart to just pray about the things that worry me. I always think that God is too busy to worry about my tiny problems. But like Pastor Lori mentioned tonight, God's love is not a piece of pie that you can just cut up in slices and allocate methodically to each person. God's love is bountiful and endless. God wants you to come to Him with all your worries, prayers and requests. He loves just the fact that you are coming to Him because He wants us to walk hand in hand with Him. 

It's funny because last week, our task was to partner up with someone and pray about them, letting the Holy Spirit guide us to find a scripture that we would provide for our partner. My partner, Sarah, gives me this:


How amazing and INTENTIONAL is God? I have been feeling complacent in my faith lately only because I haven't been letting anything happen in my life, good or bad. I read this which really stirred me:

"Believe it or not, the two most prevalent things that stop a move of God from happening in your life and church is not sin, but complacency and busyness."

This is exactly what is happening in my life. I find myself so busy with other things that I am pushing myself away from hearing the whisper of the Holy Spirit. Lord I pray you that you continue to stir something in my life so that I do not fall into complacency and that I will not be too occupied to take time and open myself in an honest, and earnest way to you God. When I come to you Lord, only good things happen and I thank you for each and every blessing.
   

Posted in