So I finish next Tuesday on the 22nd, and my exam ends around 5PM so I'm going to head home the next morning.
Okay so I got my offer of employment from the place I worked last summer, and I'm supposed to tell the H/R person when I'm AVAILABLE TO START WORK. Those are my boss's exact words.
So I mail Eileen Lockhart and state, "I am ready for work as of April 24th, 2008" and not necessarily when I was going to return because how the heck am I supposed to know that. Isn't that for my boss to decide?
Then she writes back. "Hi Marilyn, thank you for your email with your start date." And then there's this form I have to fill out and it says April 24th, 2008.
So I'm thinking, okay this is just for paperwork - it doesn't mean I'm returning April 24th. But there's a huge possibility that I may be wrong, so I send another e-mail to my boss just to make sure.
He just calls me right now (p.s. I'm literally on 3 hours of sleep) and tells me that he expects me to return on April 24th and if that was alright. I mean, I already faxed Eileen a signed confirmation back. Me, being the stupid, overjoyed-because-I-have-a-job half-awake idiot, says, "No, no! That's fine, that's fine!" WHAT AM I INSANE?! I leave Waterloo on the 23rd, come home, eat dinner, sleep and then go to work the next day?! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH stupid. stupid. stupid.
When I wake up again in 5 hours, I'm going to beat myself up about it even more.
5 Comments
atleast you have a job to go back to....
I agree with vanessa too.
I was gonna say the same thing.
i 4th that...
i am back at my old job for 3 weeks.. and its already killing me.. and today is my official FIRST DAY BACK... oh goshh... good luck to your "first day back"
i didn't get it =(
Post a Comment