I went home Friday afternoon and spent the weekend with my parents before they left to Vietnam. We had lobster Saturday night, ribs Sunday night, and steak Monday night!
On Sunday, I made those Pillsburry Cinnabons for Ayla's birthday. They were making everyone hungry, so my brother went out and bought his own and made it because I wouldn't give him any.
I arrived at 5pm to help set up and wrap gifts. It was great seeing Ayla's family again, and meeting everyone else. Everyone was teasing me because of my lazy baking skills. I got to hang out with Angie and her new husband, and I saw Loveleen briefly before the surprise (she had to jet because of a wedding). Then Aisha brought Ayla back and she was seriously surprised.
It was great getting to talk to Ayla and Aisha and reminiscing about stupid old days. And I realized that Aisha still has my binder of drawings that she borrowed back in Grade 5, LOL. I got to see Prerna again after so long, but Arlene wasn't there yet because she was in Montreal.
Her mom was awesome, making all the food and basically exhausting herself to make her surprise party a great one.
| From Ayla's B-Day & Parents Leaving Weekend |
Happy Birthday Ayla!!!
I had to leave early because I had to do my CAM#2 which was due at 10AM, so I stayed up all night to do it (with a 1hr nap to reenergize myself). I talked to my parents for a bit and then slept until 3PM. The entire family came over and we had dinner before heading off to the airport while Marcia took the kids home.
We got there ahead of everyone so we didn't have to wait in line for a long time. By the time we were done checking in, it was 10PM and then my parents went into the boarding area. We said goodbye and then I drove back to Waterloo.
3 Comments
You look like Ira in the first picture teehee.
looks like you had a great weekend :)
wow what an insult, Charis
Post a Comment