Dear __________,


You were one of my best friends. When I pictured my wedding, I pictured you standing there next to me as one of my bridesmaids. We've both changed so much since that time.

You've always put your needs in front of others. Since I can remember, you have always been in a relationship and never gave your friends the time of day. The day the break-up happened, you ran back to everyone expecting them to accept you back after all of the years of neglect.

You've hurt me a lot through the years. The breaking point was on my birthday when I was feeling down and instead of giving me support, you kicked me while I was already on the ground. If you call that tough love, I don't want it. You butted into my affairs with others and I tried to open up to you and explain how I was feeling, but you took his side.

Since then, you've become more and more fake and superficial. You became best friends with a close friend that I introduced you to, and all of you began to party together without me. Was this out of spite? Am I not cool enough? That year, I lost so many friends and I felt so alone. What have I ever done to you to make you want to hurt me like this?

Even though I buried the hatchet a long time ago, it seems like you still have a stick up your bum and I don't know why. If I held a grudge, I should still be mad at you. I'm not mad and if you act like a bitch because you think I hate you, consider the fact that maybe I only hate you because you act like a bitch. Remember all of those fun times we had together? I spent the best week of my life with you and it was the best because you were there with me. But all I get from you now are fake smiles and fake laughs. We talk without really talking. I miss the old you and if there is any way you could swallow your pride and really open up to me, fake smiles aside, maybe we could be friends again.

I know you feel alone. But you don't have to.


Sincerely,

M