How many times have you opened up a box of chocolate, going for the best ones and finding oh-too-soon that the only ones left are those nasty orange and strawberry cream-filled chocolates? Did you get overzealous and consume the good ones too fast? NO. THIS IS NOT YOUR FAULT. Please examine:
Let's rank our favourites:
#1 - Gold stick - toffee
#2 - Purple one - hazelut in caramel
Now, let's rank our LEAST favourites. You know, the ones that get left in the box until next Christmas. The one your mom keeps in the fridge, claiming it's the "new chocolate" she has bought.
#1 - ORANGE - orange cream. NO ONE LIKES THIS
#2 - COCONUT - I like flakes of coconut but not a chocolate filled with fake coconut cream
Okay, this is a good brand so I am lucky I don't have too many that I hate. Right?
WRONG.
Please examine the chocolate contents:

Let me give you a tally of my top favourite:
#1 - Gold stick - 3
#2 - Purple one - 3
That's an unreasonably low number for the most delicious chocolates. It could just be a coincidence, right? WRONG. Here's the tally for my 2 most HATED:
#1 - ORANGE - 11 *
#2 - COCONUT - 6
Total # of chocolates: 57
Total # of flavours: 12
Average Chocolate/Flavour: 5
So tell me why the BEST flavours happen to fall under the average, and the worst flavour of all... UGH, ORANGE!!!... happens to double what the number should be. Is this an outrage? Let the numbers speak for itself.
4 Comments
This is because your sample size is 1 (n=1). Gold and purple might be the least favourite in the real world (n=100,000,000)
1. I agree with Charis.
2. Open 10 other boxes and see if you still get the same results. Your box might happen to be the "defect".
3. I don't like these chocolates. they taste weird to me.
4. You have too much time on your hands.
False. Sample size is 2 and that is more than enough to be a simple coincidence.
I was referring to you and your preference of the colours as the sample. One has to collect data from a bigger sample size to find out the preference in the majority of the people.
It could be that most people find orange and coconut the best, hence the company chose to include a higher number of those two flavours in the box.
Post a Comment