I've been watching Downton Abbey, a British period series which resolves around a manor and the lives of the rich and the poor who live in it.

I am so surprised this was getting so much critical acclaim, because I didn't think the public would be so receptive of a period show.

I love it and now I have another show to obsess about. I am a sucker for really good tales of romance and chivalry (not the cheap Notebook crap) and I can't help thinking why I was ever born in this decade. Then I think... if I was in Downton Abbey, I probably would've been one of the bitter maids, admiring the fancy lives of the upper class.

Anywho, this show is great but then again I am a girl with a love for period dramas. It is a quick witted show loosely about the disparity between the rich and the poor, with a huge cast of talented actors, storylines that are not cheesy, and a really powerful love story.

I am not going to lie, if I ever find a Matthew in my life, it will be complete. The higher precedence is set for all my future boyfriends.


Posted in