I've been thinking a lot about what I want for Christmas, something special that would truly make me happy. I couldn't think of anything, anything material that is. Clothes? I have clothes for every occassion. Boardgames? What good is owning a boardgame if you don't have a group of friends who would want to play it with you? I will share with you what I really want for Christmas, and it's nothing you can really buy (for some cases you can, if you are a TRULY generous friend.) So I present you, Marilyn's Impossible Wish List 2011!

1. Job - All I really want for Christmas... is a permanent, full-time job. As the end of my contract looms closer, the fear of being out of work again hovers over me like a dark cloud. Maybe next month you will find me huddling amongst the hippies that occupy Toronto.

2. My brother to move out - I will lose the kids but my parents and I will gain much, much more: freedom. The house can be finally clean. I can use the kitchen and cook something. I can bake cakes and other delicious things. I can eat dinner at my dining table. I can watch TV. I will have wireless internet access again. I can decorate the Christmas tree. I can practice guitar. I can sing. I will be free!

3. My dream family - We will live in a beautiful, open Ikea-esque house with bigs windows everywhere somewhere in the suburbs. I will have a loving husband and two or three kids. My husband will be a guy who makes me love, laugh and trust.

For Christmas, I want you to spend time with your favourite people. Show them that you love them and never let them go. I want everyone to be thankful for what they have and not fret over what they don't have. Life's too short.